Stay in the Spotlight for all the right reasons.
In the past broadcasters and prime-time television programmes have suffered from some high profile disasters with regard to voting shows and prize competitions. The consequences can be huge and costly as well as massively dent consumer confidence. We can ensure that you operate within Ofcom’s regulations and check that your internal processes are correct, allowing your team to concentrate on the creative output, whilst we focus on compliance issues.
Broadcasters can rest assured that when we are involved in telephone vote verification the votes will be handled in the manner explained to the public. Our experience and systems mean we can spot discrepancies or anomalies in voting patterns and our knowledge of such situations means we can advise swiftly and impartially on courses of action.
Avoiding sleepless nights for broadcasters.
ITV/GMTV damaged their reputations and incurred a fine of over £2m for charging viewers to enter competitions they had no chance of winning. Even Blue Peter landed a £50,000 fine for faking the winner of phone-in competition and deceiving hundreds of children. Avoid costly fines and the wrath of the press and social networks by allowing us to give your show the all-clear.
The Main Rules.
The UK broadcasters need to follow Ofcom, and potentially PhonePayPlus rules :
• An independent audit for Premium Rate Service (PRS) activity
• Prior permission for the running of PRS
• Checks on the communication of pricing and key conditions
• Clear separation of PRS from editorial
PromoVeritas, behind the scenes.
We may not be in the entertainment business but we are in the business of protecting your integrity and reputation. Here’s how we can help;
- Oversee live voting on TV and radio shows
- Pre-check questions of skill
- Review internal systems for security
- Audit technology partners to ensure accurate voting or entry recording
- Review terms and conditions
- Conduct prize draws or competition judging
Call us on 0203 301 7360 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.