PromoVeritas was founded in 2002 by the ex-European Promotions Director of Coca-Cola. There was clearly a gap between creative agencies working on brilliant ideas and clients who wanted to keep on the right side of the laws, codes and the consumer and to protect their budgets and reputations.
Too many promotions were being run in an amateur way with brand managers picking winners of prize draws or the distribution of valuable prizes for instant win promotions being handled in a casual manner. This attitude could easily lead to theft, prize fixing and other forms of abuse of great threat to reputations (and jobs!).
We set out to provide Promoters with a simple, low cost means of running their campaigns right – first time. Since then we have administered thousands of promotions and given away over £50 million of prizes for clients that include Mondelez, Kellogg's, Pringles and Pernod Ricard.
- Moved to
a brand new, bigger office white with a hint of purple, in order to accommodate our
- New team
members include Claire Serle as our Senior Compliance Manager, after over 20 years at
open a subsidiary office in Australia
Managing Director, Jeremy Stern, wins Entrepreneur of the Year at the Great
British Entrepreneur Awards 2014
- Record turnover and over
100 new clients during the year
appoint Philip Circus, former Legal Director of the IPM, and Chairman of the CAP Sales
Promotion Panel as our Consultant Legal Adviser
invest in a suite of software to enable us to capture and extract data for
Social Media promotions
became members of the Society of Corporate Compliance and Ethics and speak at their
- The Dairylea ‘Does Your
Pack Moo’ that we were heavily involved with wins Promotion of the Year at the
In February PromoVeritas won the Business of the Year award at the TrainE-TraidE Awards at a ceremony in Park Lane beating finalist Wonga
Throughout the year we have increased our team exponentially recruiting a Head of Client Management, three new Account Managers and a dedicated Project Management team
- In July we launched our Signature Promotional Compliance Training session
- In September PromoVeritas won at the IPM's Annual COGS Awards in two categories; Security and Compliance and Individual of the Year went to our Managing Director Jeremy Stern
- In the Autumn PromoVeritas sponsored the Annual IPM Football Tournament where 16 teams battled it out to be champions
- We increase our expertise to cover a number of international clients and promotions
- Highly Commended Winner at COGS Awards
- Appointment of two industry in-house lawyers
- Introduction of an internship programme giving law students the opportunity to understand the practicalities of promotional compliance.
- Finalists in 2010 Cogs Awards.
- Moved to larger premises in Pinner, London.
- Jeremy Stern appointed UK judge for the MAA Global Promotional Awards
- We launch our Bulk Package Deal providing clients with greater flexibility and reduced costs and administration for simple prize draws.
- First year working with ITV on National Television Awards and National Movie Awards
- Work on our first overseas promotion - in France.
- Jeremy Stern, MD, becomes a board member of the Committee of Advertising Practice.
- Start of our relationship with the BBC on events such as Eurovision Song Contest and Strictly Come Dancing
- PromoVeritas starts working with Pernod Ricard and Miller Brands. This marks the start of a long list of great brands we are proud to work with.
- Creation of our Independent Draw Engine for added winner selection safety.
- Jeremy Stern, MD, represents the UK on the board of the Promotional Marketing Council of Europe and becomes Vice President.
- PromoVeritas is established.