Thinking of running an Advent calendar promotion?
A surefire way to attract attention from consumers this Christmas is to run an advent calendar promotion – these are popular with followers hoping to supplement their Christmas gifts with stocking fillers and big value prizes alike. They truly are a great way generate festive spirit and keep your followers engaging with your brand over and over again. Here’s our top tips to get you started!
- It’s not too late – it’s really quick and easy to set up a Social Media promotion but just make sure you have planned it properly to avoid any problems later. Some advent promotions are for 25 days whilst others are shorter – determine your prize budget and work out what suits you best.
- Mix up your prizes – Low value items are fine to give away but don’t give away all of your biggest value prizes at the beginning or the end to keeps the excitement going and motivate your followers to come back each day and try again
- Have Christmas spirit – Keep followers from being disappointed when they don’t win by letting them know that after Christmas all entrants will be entered into a final draw to win a star prize
- Stick to the rules – Every promotion requires a set of Terms and Conditions that sets out important information such as opening and closing dates, how to enter and the prizes offered as well as legal blurb that’s required by the Social Platform you are using. These are to protect both you and your followers and a link to them must be included in the promotional post.
- Send out prizes – Try and send out your prizes as soon as possible, particularly if they are festive themed, to avoid disappointing your winners. No one wants a Santa hat in February! If you don’t send out prizes you may incur an ASA (Advertising Standards) Ruling and lots of bad publicity.
- Sharing is caring – don’t forget to encourage your followers to share your posts or use hashtags to build engagement with others, and it’s important for you to share and promote your Advent calendar as much as possible at this time of year to let your followers know what prizes are being offered each day
PromoVeritas shape and implement prize promotions for many of the world’s biggest brands. Register for our next Breakfast Briefing all about Running Christmas promotions on Thursday 19th September 2019 at Langan’s Brasserie here. To find out more about running promotions at Christmas, or any time of the year contact us here.