Back to Basics: Introducing PromoVeritas
Every month our Legal Team will explore the world of prize promotions via our ‘Back to Basics’ series. Giving away rewards and prizes is a key part of the marketing mix and we want to educate and embolden you to take advantage of their benefits without the risk!
In this first of the series, we explain why promotional compliance is essential and what it entails.
Run It Right
Since 2002 PromoVeritas have run some of the world’s favourite promotions. Over the years we have shaped and implemented thousands of promotions for brands and agencies globally. Our unique blend of legal, marketing, operational and digital expertise ensures that even the most creative of ideas can be run smoothly, fairly and with the least risk to budget or reputation.
We provide peace of mind from promotional disasters, negative feedback, financial risk and legal issues across the world. Backed by a £10m global indemnity insurance policy and ISO27001 data security accreditation, promoters, creative agencies, and their clients, can be reassured that their campaigns are in our safe hands from start to finish.
Why Run a Promotion?
Memorable promotions such as Golden Creme Egg, Cadbury Inventor, Walkers’ Snap & Share, O2 Priority or the TK Maxx White Christmas campaign are great ways to engage with consumers, create awareness and drive sales.
- Launch new products
- Increase sales
- Improve brand loyalty
- Build brand engagement
- Gather data
- Trade incentives
Whether we oversee a prize draw, a competition, or an instant win promotion, and it runs in print, on social or online, PromoVeritas protects your agency reputation and those of your brand clients.
Why Is Compliance Important?
Staying on the right side of the laws and rules for running promotions is important in order to avoid rulings, costly fines, bad publicity and damage to your brands reputation.
There are various rules and regulations that need to be followed when running promotions, this is something we can help you do!
How we work with brands and agencies
If you have an idea for a promotion, or any form of consumer engagement, online or offline, we will bring it to life and ensure it is run safely and compliantly anywhere in the world. Our unique team of experts will shape and implement your promotion, taking care of the details and reducing the risk, using a combination of the following steps:
- We offer consulting, best practice & a sense check of ideas
- We carry out overseas legal reviews and offer our recommendations
- We draft compliant Terms & Conditions and oversee localisation and translations carefully
- We can create legal agreements and contracts for suppliers and partnerships
- Obtain country licences and authorisations
- Testing and verification of systems or website compliance
- We carry out compliance review of marcoms
- Development of promotional microsites, APIs and T&Cs hosting
- Produce winning moments and unique codes
- Write judging brief
- Create ‘golden tickets’ and interactive winning packs or items
- Data extraction from social media platforms or website
- We select winners randomly for prize draws, or judge competitions via set criteria
- We audit factories and seed winning items anywhere in the world
- Source prizes
- We contact winners by social media, phone, email or post
- Our dedicated customer lines can help winners and entrants
- We arrange prize distribution if required
- We issue a Certificate of Verification to demonstrate the campaign’s compliance
- We provide a full Closure report based on the information we have to aid future analysis and learnings
- We issue a formal Winners List
- Host Winners List on PromoWinners.com if required
What Our Clients Say
“It is often hard to find a company that can offer first class support but also provide campaign recommendations which ensure success across every deliverable. I highly recommend Promoveritas and all the teams that work with us.” DM, Activation Manager, Cadbury
“Working with PromoVeritas gives us the confidence that we are always up to date with any modifications and that our promotions are legally compliant.” PV, Senior Brand Activation & Promotions Manager, Kelloggs
“They did all of that heavy lifting while ensuring at all times the prize draw was run in a compliant way I would use them again.” AG, Marketing Manager, American Express
“Their Account Handlers are extremely efficient and flexible and their eye for detail and knowledge of all aspects of promotions is second to none. From developing terms and conditions to advice on running promotions in other markets, they are always our go to for a quick and informed solution and I would highly recommend them to others.” AO, Account Director, INITIALS