Back End Developer
About the Company
At PromoVeritas, we shape and implement prize promotions for major brands such as Cadbury, Kellogg’s, American Express and Pepsi.
We are a team of 30+ legal, marketing, project management, data, logistics, and web development experts who manage everything from giving solid legal advice on implementing promotions worldwide, to selecting winners of prize draws, to judging entries for competitions or creating ‘Willy Wonka’ style instant win packs, to contacting winners and arranging their prizes – all with an emphasis on compliance, knowledge and consumer care.
There is a huge amount of variety, a strong team ethos and the joy of seeing your work on supermarket shelves and websites all around the world. Although the company is grounded in compliance and operations, a significant and growing source of revenue is our digital services, and we are now looking to expand our team of developers.
About the role
Tech Stack: React/Vue, PHP/NodeJS, AWS
You’ll be joining a small, agile team of developers to build on existing products and platforms, with a chance to also work on some green-field projects. You will need to be a capable, autonomous backend developer, with proven experience in problem solving, infrastructure development and best practice API building.
Requirements (not all are necessary, but a good mix would be nice )
- Experience with Laravel/Lumen OR Symfony Framework (1-2 years)
- Knowledge of building best practice JSON REST API’s, using SOLID design principles.
- Experience of building infrastructure in AWS including best practice usage of services such as S3, DynamoDB, SES, SQS, etc
- Test driven development (TDD) & Behaviour driven development (BDD) experience.
- Experience of working with containerisation
- Familiarity with Git version control and CI/CD (Bitbucket)
- A confident communicator, both written and verbal
- Ability to work autonomously within a small team to short deadlines
- Some FE experiences /w React/Vue
- HTML/CSS3/SASS practices that support responsive design, progressive enhancement, W3C and accessibility standards across both desktop and mobile web.
- Experience building and maintaining WordPress plugins and sites.
If you meet the requirements for the role and are looking to join an innovative and rapidly growing business, then please apply now! For further information contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0203 325 6000.