New Business Account Director
Title: New Business Account Director
Hours: 9.00am – 5.30pm Monday – Friday
Reporting to: Deputy Managing Director
Supported by: Client Relationship Manager, Marketing Manager
About the Company
PromoVeritas is a global promotional advisory consultancy. We inspire brands and agencies to push the boundaries and build activations that reward and delight consumers. We protect the reputation of the brand by using our global legal and promotional expertise to de-risk, shape and implement campaigns that are compliant, effective and secure.
We advise and influence the development of clients’ promotions, digital activations, judging competitions, running prize draws, and overseeing voting for major TV shows. Our client base includes some of the World’s leading brands: Amazon, Facebook, Cadbury, Subway, O2, Pepsi, Walkers, ASOS, Barclays, American Express, Foot Locker, Pringles, Kellogg’s and over 200 more including influential agencies with a large part of work coming from projects run overseas – 60+ countries in 2022 alone.
Established in 2002, the company is located in Pinner, North London (adjacent to the Tube station and about 25 minutes from Baker Street on the Metropolitan line). The team of 40 includes inhouse lawyers, project managers and client managers. This new business role is a new role which is part of the ongoing expansion of the business.
The role of the New Business Account Director:
Your role will be to create and nurture commercial opportunities, inbound or outbound, and take them to the point of first proposal through to delivery via the client relationship manager. You will develop and maintain long-term relationships directly with brands and also agencies.
- Full responsibility for the achievement of agreed monthly sales targets
- Agree with Senior Management the strategic direction of the New Business effort: target sectors, key messaging, timings.
- Generate business from new and lapsed clients through a combination of extensive outbound calling, targeted emails, marketing events and general business networking.
- Converting inbound opportunities from both agencies and brands and encourage repeat business.
- Proven new business planning including building and maintaining a new business pipeline
- Adept and proven ability in selling intangible solutions, making the complex appear simple and comfortable selling digital and data products
- Working with the Client Delivery Manager, progress leads to first proposal stage and then ensure won projects are delivered on time and to a high standard.
- Conducting outbound calls/meetings (face to face/remote) with clients about potential and ongoing projects.
- Excellent communication both verbal and written, along with engaging presentation skills. Be a natural go-getter and have an enviable track record of winning new business and growing client accounts throughout your career
- Have first class client relationship skills and able to work at all levels, from Director level to Brand/Account Manager. Quickly builds rapport and long-lasting relationships.
- Able to spot opportunities, at 30 feet and adapt pitch to client needs, on the ‘fly’.
- Proven track record of at least four years of consultative selling either within media, advertising, FMCG or professional services.
- Ability to absorb complicated content and know how to adapt it to the needs of the client.
- Have the gravitas and experience to act as a consultant, advising on solutions.
- Be driven by sales success, motivated by targets, but not at the expense of company values or service. Display the hunger and desire to succeed.
- A creative and curious mind that leverages creative problem-solving skills to uncover and develop new ideas and revenue opportunities
- Experience in winning and running large, complicated projects across multiple internal stakeholders/departments and can meet tight deadlines
- Have an active interest in marketing and consumer behaviour
- Be a good critical thinker that is able to foresee potential issues and advise clients on the right way forward.
- 24 days annual leave a year
- Bi-annual Bonus scheme
- Private Health Scheme (contributory)
- Hybrid working