Client Relationship Manager
Salary: £23,000 to £37,000, dependent on age and experience, plus company performance related bonus , typically £2,000 per half year. Options of Childcare Vouchers, bicycle scheme and Private Health Scheme.
Hours: 9.00am – 5.30pm Monday – Friday
Holiday: 23 days a year plus Bank holidays, rising to 27 days after 4 years service
Reporting to: Account Director
About the Company
PromoVeritas are Europe’s leading independent promotional verification specialists – we use our care, knowledge, expertise and passion for detail to ensure that all types of prize promotion are shaped and delivered fairly, securely and in compliance with the law and general best practice.
So on a day to day basis we are busy advising and influencing the development of clients’ promotions, judging competitions, running prize draws, implementing ‘Willy Wonka’ style instant wins and overseeing voting for major TV shows. Our client base includes Cadbury, Subway, O2, Pepsi, Walkers, ASOS, Barclays, American Express, Footlocker, Pringles, Kellogg’s and over 200 more with a large part of work coming from projects run overseas – 60+ countries in 2019 alone.
Established in 2002, the company is located in Pinner, North London (adjacent to the Tube station andi about 25 minutes from Baker Street on the Metropolitan line). The team of 30 includes inhouse lawyers, project managers and client managers.
- Manage a portfolio of 40-60 clients made up of both agencies (advertising, PR, digital) and brands / promoters to meet Gross Margin targets.
- Maximise revenue potential from the portfolio through regular, planned and close ongoing contact with all levels of client contacts (marketing and legal).
- Gain a good understanding of their business needs creating a strong mutual working relationship. Aim is to become their trusted advisor and the go-to person for all aspects of promotional consultancy.
- Use strong consultative selling skills to add value to a basic client brief – upsell and cross-sell additional services.
- Take ownership of the resulting client briefs, pulling in support from other colleagues as necessary, drafting the pricing and all communication with the client.
- Provide quality handover and work closely with internal Operations and Legal teams to ensure a seamless delivery of the project, checking in along the way to ensure the project is run in full compliance with codes, regulations and company practices.
- Work at all times in a professional, efficient manner with integrity and care for both the big picture (meeting client objectives) and the detail (such as wording of a proposed web banner or poster). See the unseen, ask the unasked questions.
- Build excellent knowledge of the sector and the main codes/principles.
- Demonstrate awareness of PromoVeritas brand values.
- 80%: Direct responsibility for ongoing account management for a portfolio of existing clients and the projects that are derived from them. Maintaining regular and meaningful contact with clients in proportion to their likely importance and use it and other learning to gain a good understanding of the clients’ needs and plans for the benefit of the business.
- 20%: New business development amongst your existing allocated client base by “going wide” – seeking new contacts and projects from different people and brands within the client.
- Excellent communicator, both telephone and face-to-face. Strong presentation skills, including group presentations are a key part of the job.
- Have perfect and persuasive written and oral English skills.
- Have direct experience in a consultative sales focussed role ideally in a media/ marketing / management consultancy environment.
- Ability to handle a wide range of clients of all types and levels in a quality manner.
- Passionate about quality and attention to detail.
- An active sales person not afraid of using the phone for proactive calling. Definitely not a passive order taker.
- Interested in promotions and marketing.
- Able to assimilate knowledge quickly and then to apply it to appropriate situations.
- Commercially aware – able to construct well thought through business proposal documents and detailed project plans.
- Strong and determined with a proven ability of hitting targets and objectives.
- Capable of multi-tasking, organising and prioritising own workload and coordinating with others within the team, e.g. Project Managers and Legal.
- Able to spot new business opportunities and upsell where no one else has seen it.
- Excellent negotiator – able to add value to a discussion or a project and charge accordingly.
- Imaginative, creative and intelligent.
- Never take no for an answer. Be determined, driven, focused, opportunistic and enthusiastic but also a good listener.
- 23 days a year plus Bank holidays (increasing to 27 days with 4 years service)
- Bonus day off for your birthday (after completion of probationary service)
- Generous bi-annual Bonus scheme – typical payouts of 10-20% of salary
- Free Tastecard+ providing discounts on restaurants & entertainment
- Private Health Scheme (contributory)
- Regular company social events e.g. Crystal Maze experience and Henley Regatta
If you meet the requirements for the role and are looking to join an innovative and rapidly growing business, then please apply now! For further information contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0203 325 6000.