Client Relationship Manager
Salary: £23,000 to £39,000, dependent on experience, plus company performance related bonus.
Location: Pinner, HA5 5NE
Hours: 9.00am – 5.30pm Monday – Friday
Reporting to: Account Director
About the Company
PromoVeritas, the Global Promotional Compliance Consultancy inspires brands and agencies to push the boundaries and build activations that reward and delight consumers. We protect the reputation of businesses by using their global, legal, and digital compliance expertise to de-risk, shape and implement campaigns that are effective and secure.
Since 2002 PromoVeritas have run over 16,000 promotions in over 80 countries for brands including Mondelēz, PepsiCo, ABinBev and Kellogg’s.
Due to continued expansion we are seeking to fill an important and challenging role in our Client Relationship Team.
- Manage a portfolio of 40-60 clients made up of both agencies (advertising, PR, digital) and brands / promoters to meet Gross Margin targets.
- Maximise revenue potential from the portfolio through a regular, planned and close ongoing contact with all levels of client contacts (marketing and legal).
- Gain a good understanding of their business needs creating a strong mutual working relationship. Aim is to become their trusted advisor and the go-to person for all aspects of promotional consultancy.
- Use strong consultative selling skills to add value to a basic client brief – upsell and cross-sell additional services.
- Take ownership of the resulting client briefs, pulling in support from other colleagues as necessary, drafting the pricing and all communication with the client.
- Provide quality handover and work closely with internal Operations and Legal teams to ensure a seamless delivery of the project, checking in along the way to ensure the project is run in full compliance with codes, regulations and company practices.
- Work at all times in a professional, efficient manner with integrity and care for both the big picture (meeting client objectives) and the detail (such as wording of a proposed web banner or poster). See the unseen, ask the unasked questions.
- Build excellent knowledge of the sector and the main codes/principles.
- Demonstrate awareness of PromoVeritas brand values.
- 70%: Direct responsibility for ongoing account management for a portfolio of existing clients and the projects that are derived from them. Maintaining regular and meaningful contact with clients in proportion to their likely importance and use it and other learning to gain a good understanding of the clients’ needs and plans for the benefit of the business.
- 30%: New business development amongst their existing allocated client base by “going wide” – seeking new contacts and projects from different people and brands within the client.
- Excellent communicator, both telephone and face-to-face. Strong presentation skills, including group presentations are a key part of the job.
- First class client servicing skills and solution driven mindset.
- Have perfect and persuasive written and oral English skills.
- Have direct experience in a consultative sales focussed role ideally in a media/ marketing / management consultancy environment.
- Be able to handle a wide range of clients of all types and levels in a quality manner.
- Able to spot new business opportunities and upsell where no one else has seen it.
- Passionate about quality and attention to detail.
- Interested in promotional activations and marketing.
- Able to assimilate knowledge quickly and then to apply it to appropriate situations.
- Commercially aware – able to construct well thought through business proposal documents and detailed project plans.
- Capable of multi-tasking, organising and prioritising own workload and coordinating with others within the team, e.g. Project Managers and Legal.
- Imaginative, creative and intelligent.
- Never take no for an answer. Be curious, determined, driven, focused, opportunistic and enthusiastic but also a good listener.