Digital Project Manager
Salary: £30,000 to £40,000 plus company performance related bonus.
Location: Pinner, HA5 5NE
Hours: 9.00am – 5.30pm Monday – Friday
About the Company
PromoVeritas are the independent promotional verification specialists – we use our care, knowledge, expertise and passion for detail to ensure that all types of prize promotions via whatever medium are shaped and delivered fairly, securely and in compliance with the law and general best practice. In this way we protect both the interests of the brand, their creative agencies and also the consumer, who with increased confidence about the fair operation of the promotion, would be more likely to participate.
So, on a day to day basis we are busy advising and influencing the development of on pack offers, judging competitions, running prize draws, implementing ‘Willy Wonka’ style instant wins and overseeing voting for major TV shows. Our client base includes Pepsi, Walkers, ASOS, Barclays, HTC, Pringles, Kellogg’s and over 200 more with a large part of work coming from projects run overseas – 60+ countries in 2019 alone.
Established in 2002, the company is based a 1-minute walk from the Tube station in leafy Pinner, North London, about 25 minutes from Baker Street on the Metropolitan line.
Due to continued expansion we are seeking to fill an important and challenging role in our Digital Team.
Working on a mixture of both client projects and internal product development the role of the Digital Project Manager is to act as the lynch pin between the development team and the rest of the business teams (CRM and Operations).
Planning and implementing the digital aspect of promotional marketing campaigns the DPM is responsible for delivering all digital aspects on time and to budget. Managing multiple projects at the same time in an agile environment, the DPM will be involved in all aspects of a project.
The majority of projects will require no direct management of the client, with the operations and CRM team being your client. A specialist focus on key client projects is required, with management of third party suppliers and the client to deliver large multi-region projects
Within the existing product portfolio, the DPM will act as a business analyst and QA/UAT. Taking an idea and working with the development team and product owners to implement within the products.
Client project support
- Preparation of quote documentation for the CRM team.
- Gathering the requirements and scoping projects. Creating relevant document i.e. timing plans, feedback register, etc.
- Utilising the existing product portfolio to implement the technical aspects of a wide variety of promotional campaigns. i.e mailer setup for winner communication, system reviews, unique code creation, winning moment creation.
- Hands on use of the product portfolio utilising technical knowledge (HTML, CSS, WordPress) to build promotional microsites with a templated builder.
- Briefing and working with the development team and third parties to deliver development and design work for client campaigns. Including QA and UAT development work.
- Briefing of creative design when necessary
- Reporting and support for live projects via internal products and utilising Google Analytics.
- Liaising with the operations and CRM team to scope out user stories. Creating detailed scopes of work for the development team and third parties and signing off technical solutions provided by the development team.
- QA and UAT of developments. Taking testing documentation provided by the development team and creating structured testing plans, feedback and recommendations.
- Providing release notes and training on new developments.
- Input into sprint planning and development process.
- Superior knowledge of product portfolio, including management of specific product areas.
- Practical experience within SAAS, Google Analytics, and project management software (JIRA, Confluence).
- 3 years’ experience within QA and testing process.
- 3 years’ project management experience in a technical environment.
- Understanding of Agile project management methodologies.
- Knowledge of WordPress, HTML, CSS, SQL.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- UI/UX experience.
- Ability to identify risks and problems and then solve them.
- Promotional marketing experience a positive.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects at the same time.
- 23 days a year plus Bank holidays (increasing to 27 days with length of service)
- Bonus day off for your birthday
- Generous bi-annual Bonus scheme- typical payouts of 10-15% of salary
- Annual training grant
- Private Health Scheme (contributory)
- Regular company social events e.g. Crystal Maze experience or Henley Regatta