Human Resources Manager
Salary: £30,000 FTE negotiable depending on relevant experience – 22.5 hours/3 days a week (office based)
About the Company:
PromoVeritas are the promotional compliance specialists – we use our care, knowledge, expertise and passion for detail to ensure that all types of prize promotions via whatever medium are shaped and delivered fairly, securely and in compliance with the law and general best practice. In this way we protect both the interests of the brand, their creative agencies and also the consumer, who with increased confidence about the fair operation of the promotion, would be more likely to participate.
Established in 2002, the company employs over 35 people and is based, a 1-minute walk from the Tube station in leafy Pinner, North London, about 25 minutes from Baker Street on the Metropolitan line.
To support the smooth running of the company through the timely, organised and well-advised delivery of relevant HR and general office services – both pro-active and reactive.
- Managing appraisals and process
- Managing company training, including individual training needs and PromoAcadamy – identifying, designing and implementing training programmes across the business
- Managing employee performance
- Ensuring employees are aware of employee benefits and assistance programmes
- Responsible to ensure Atlas employee records are up to date including overtime, unpaid absence reporting
- Reviewing in tandem with senior management and implementing company policies
- Contracts & Staff Handbook – reviewing and ensuring items are kept up to date and fit for purpose
- Ensure all line managers have personal development plans in place for their direct reports
- Influence organisational culture
- Manage the company survey and outputs are actioned
- Dispute/grievance management
- Implement and manage employee wellbeing
- Leavers – to manage the exit process, exit interviews, IT closure etc
- Manage Glassdoor and help build PV’s reputation as a good employer
- Timesheet management – ensure that all staff are correctly completing their time usage via the Paprika online system. Provide necessary and timely reports to Senior Management.
- To assist with recruitment where required
- Act as Fire Marshall, and ideally first aid person
Skills and personal attributes:
- The successful candidate will ideally be CIPD Qualified (or 7 years plus experience as a HR manager)
- The successful candidate will have previously worked within an SME that has experienced high growth and understands some of the exciting challenges that arise as a result.
- Highly organised with exceptional time management skills due to the need to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Proactive and able to work effectively to tight deadlines in an environment where change is inevitable.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills including ability to communicate at all levels.
- Able to think things through analytically, identify gaps and possible solutions.
- Excellent Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook skills.
- Confident in developing written procedures that whilst thorough are clear and easy to understand and remove complexity.
- Numerate and commercially minded – income and cost aware.
- Excellent attention to detail. Structured and methodical in approach to work and ability to work under pressure.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, high levels of EQ, discretion, confidentiality is a pre-requisite for this role
If you meet the requirements for the role and are looking to join an innovative and rapidly growing business, then please apply now! For further information contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0203 325 6000.