12 month Fixed Term Contract
Salary: Basic of £24 -26,000 negotiable depending on relevant experience
Hours: 9.00am – 5.30pm Monday – Friday
Reporting to: Financial Controller
About the Company
PromoVeritas are the independent promotional verification specialists – we use our care, knowledge, expertise, and passion for detail to ensure that all types of promotion in various mediums are shaped and delivered fairly, securely and in compliance with the law and general best practice. In this way we protect both the interests of the brand, their agencies and the consumer, who with increased confidence about the fair operation of the promotion, would be more likely to participate.
On a day-to-day basis we are busy advising and influencing the development of clients’ promotions, judging competitions, running prize draws, implementing ‘Willy Wonka’ style instant wins, and overseeing voting for major TV shows. Our client base includes Pepsi, Walkers, ASOS, Barclays, HTC, Pringles, Kellogg’s and over 200 more brands, with a large part of work coming from projects run overseas.
Established for over 20 years, the company is based in Pinner, a 1-minute walk from the Pinner Tube station in leafy, North London, just 25 minutes from Baker Street on the Metropolitan line.
- Post and process journal entries to ensure that information will be accurate and immediately available when needed
- Assist in the processing of balance sheets, income statements and other financial statements according to legal and company accounting and financial guidelines
- Assist with reviewing of expenses, payroll records etc. as assigned
- Prepare and submit weekly/monthly reports as per calendar
- Assist in the preparation of monthly/yearly closings
- Banking & Cash
- Ensure timely bank reconciliations
- Assist with cashflow forecasting
- Assist with the general administration of bank/credit card accounts.
- Credit Control
- Manage accounts receivable and issue invoices
- Manage credit control process in partnership with the sales team
- Purchase Ledger
- Manage accounts payable and perform reconciliations
- Ensure timely bank payments through payment runs
- Financial Planning & Analysis
- Assist with Ad hoc analysis
- Assist with monthly review of cost base, identifying and investigating variances from
- Budget and Forecast
- Assist with budgeting/forecast process
- Assist with the VAT returns
- Assist with minor ad-hoc finance projects and process improvements
This person must:
- Ideally be AAT or have at least 3 years Purchase Ledger experience in a busy environment.
- Have an instinct for numbers.
- Be an excellent communicator, both face-to-face and via phone/videocall.
- Be passionate about quality and attention to detail.
- Be able to assimilate knowledge quickly and then to apply it to appropriate situations.
- Be capable of multi-tasking, organising, and prioritising own workload and coordinating with others within the team, e.g., Project Managers and Legal.
- Be able to work in a busy environment with bright, challenging colleagues.
- 23 days a year plus Bank holidays
- Bi-annual Company Bonus scheme, dependent on Company Performance.
- Regular company social events.
- Fun, enjoyable working environment within new office space adjacent to delightful park with multiple eating and shopping outlets within immediate vicinity.
- Working with clients that genuinely appreciate and value what we do.
- Options of Childcare vouchers, bicycle grant scheme and Private Health Scheme.
If you meet the requirements for the role and are looking to join an innovative and rapidly growing business, then please apply now by submitting a CV and cover letter stating why you are suitable for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that:
- only candidates currently residing in the UK with the right to work will be considered.
- due to expected high volume of interest, we will only be contacting successful candidates.
- we are currently working part-home (2 days) and part-office (3 days) but this is a temporary measure and subject to change at short notice