Behavioural Scientist – KTP Associate
Directorate: Academic Services
Reports to: Head of Quality & Analytics
Grade: Circa £33,000 pa depending on qualifications and experience plus personal development budget of up to £3,000.
Section: Kingston Business School/Partnerships & Business Engagement team
Kingston University has teamed up with PromoVeritas Limited on an innovative, collaborative project to utilise the extensive data that it has access (from millions of entries a year) to build insight for its clients and a new revenue stream. This exciting new role will establish an innovative consumer behavioural intelligence capability. This new approach will be transformational for PromoVeritas, powering their growth strategy by helping existing clients deliver significantly more effective data driven promotional campaigns and improve business processes.
The duties of the post will include developing detailed project plans, designing, conducting & analysing interviews, creating reports and presentations; designing, conducting and analysing data from behavioural market research; analysing behavioural data and generating statistical information to identify trends and patterns.
This new role will establish an innovative consumer behavioural intelligence capability. This new approach will be transformational for PromoVeritas, powering their growth strategy by helping existing clients deliver significantly more effective data driven promotional campaigns and using data insights to target new more lucrative larger clients, plus improve business processes, skills and knowledge leadership.
This is a KTP position that will not only provide the opportunity to work with both university academics and industry but also significant training and development opportunities.
To be successful in this role, you must have MSc in behavioural science, behavioural decision science or related topic and cutting-edge knowledge of scientific insights about human behaviour. Knowledge/experience of how to use behavioural science and consumer psychology to understand and change human behaviour. State-of-the-art methodological and statistical approaches to analyse behavioural data.
Ideally you will also have (2:1) or equivalent from a range of disciplines within the social sciences and beyond (Economics, Psychology, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, Management, Law, Marketing, Business). Good knowledge of qualitative research methods (interview, thematic/content coding) and work experience that includes interacting with and managing relationships with senior executive clients.
The successful candidate will be based at Promo Veritas Limited based in Pinner, although they are likely to spend some time at other sites and at the Kingston Business School, Kingston University, where the academic team is based.
Be a part of the team which ensures academic rigour and development
The Academic Services Directorate includes Academic Registry, Quality Assurance and Enhancement and the Learning and Teaching Enhancement Centre. Collectively the Directorate supports some of the University’s governance and decision-making committees, maintains academic regulations, develops and implements academic policies, oversees the quality and standards of academic provision and leads the development of education practices across the University.
In conjunction with faculties, the Directorate is responsible for timetabling all teaching across the University, ensuring the smooth-running of exams, provide guidance on the institution’s assessment and regulatory framework, deliver statutory returns and student management information, administer formal student academic appeals, manage and oversee the operation of quality assurance and enhancement activities, academic staff development, technology enhanced learning and enterprise education.
As a directorate, we identify opportunities for innovation, see change as an opportunity, value constructive feedback and share good practice across the University.
Role & Responsibilities
These are the key responsibilities of the job: on occasion you may be required to undertake other duties commensurate with your grade.
- Developing detailed project plans to guide clients, staff members and project teams and revising based on changing needs and requirements
- Designing interview schedules, interviewing the senior team and key stakeholder clients, and analysing the outcomes.
- Creating reports and presentations to summarising insights gained from the interviews.
- Designing, conducting and analysing data from behavioural market research to better understand customer behaviour
- Generating large databases from various sources of structured and unstructured behavioural data
- Analysing behavioural data and generating statistical information to identify trends and patterns
- Using a range of programming languages to transform big data into data sets
- Developing interactive dashboards that combine visuals with real-time behavioural data
- Working with Technologists to integrate and separate behavioural data feeds to map, produce, transform and test new scalable data sets
- Translating behavioural data to simple language and giving recommendations and conclusions to stakeholders in line with the company strategy and in order to generate innovative new products
- Collaborating with key parties internally and externally to the organisation, to ensure a fit with the company and market needs. Plus generate innovative, yet realistic ideas from the research and ensure knowledge transfer.
- Writing research papers and articles to disseminate findings with other professionals and contribute to the body of knowledge.
- The following background checks will be carried out in line with the requirements of PromoVeritas, because you will be dealing with individual private data
- An identity check
- Disclosure and Barring Service basic check
- Politically Exposed Person Status
This is a fixed term contract for 18 months with a salary of £33,000 per annum, but at the end of the project, you may be offered an opportunity to stay with Promo Veritas Ltd subject to mutually agreeable terms.
In addition to the salary you will have access to a £3,000 dedicated training budget to be tailored towards your personal development.
Interviews are expected to be held in mid December.
If you require further information, please contact Caroline Talfourd-Rich, Business Project Manager.
About KTP: This position forms part of a Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP) funded by Innovate UK. It’s essential you understand how KTP works with business and the University, and the vital role you will play if you successfully secure a KTP Associate position. For more information please visit: https://www.ktp-uk.org/
Kingston University values the diversity of its student and staff body. We are committed to providing a fully inclusive environment to ensure consistent and holistic support for our whole community, including staff, students and visitors. We recognise our duty under the Equality Act 2010 to prevent discrimination, advance equality of opportunity and foster good relations between different people when carrying out their activities.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate their eligibility to work in the UK in accordance with the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006. Where required, this may include entry clearance or continued leave to remain under the Points Based Immigration Scheme.
To apply click here. If, for accessibility reasons, you need to apply in an alternative format, please email email@example.com or call the HR Shared Services team on 020 8417 3118. To view the full job advertisement click here.