Salary: £24 – 26,000 negotiable depending on relevant experience plus bonus
Hours: 9.00am – 5.30pm Monday – Friday
About the Company
PromoVeritas are the promotional compliance specialists – we use our care, knowledge, expertise and passion for detail to ensure that all types of prize promotions, such as prize draws, competitions & instant wins, are shaped and delivered fairly, securely and in compliance with the law and general best practice. In this way we protect both the interests of the brand, their creative agencies and also the consumer, who with increased confidence about the fair operation of the promotion, would be more likely to participate.
At our core is the Legal Team headed by a 15 year qualified lawyer and supported by a team of Legal Executives. On a day-to-day basis we are busy advising and influencing the development of on pack offers, drafting Terms & Conditions, checking adverts, reviewing project contracts, dealing with Data Privacy issued and overseeing voting for major TV shows.
We are now seeking a talented and curious individual, to join the busy team and provide a responsive and crucial service to our internal teams and external clients. Our client base includes Pepsi, Walkers, ASOS, Barclays, TKMaxx, Pringles, Kellogg’s and over 200 more with a large part of work coming from projects that are run in over 80 countries. Your work will be printed on millions of cereal boxes, tens of million soft drink cans and on the aisles of every supermarket.
Established in 2002, the company employs 40 people and is based, a 1-minute walk from the Pinner Tube station in leafy, North London, just 25 minutes from Baker Street on the Metropolitan line.
- Handling of client briefs for legal services, qualifying information / highlighting any gaps in information, and considering any compliance issues before proceeding.
- Drafting or reviewing promotional Terms & Conditions and marketing communications tailoring them to the requirements of the promotional mechanic, the country and the client.
- Supporting others in the Legal Team in the assessing the suitability of a particular promotion to be run in any number of other countries using our own extensive knowledge and our global network of legal experts.
- Reviewing or drafting of non-disclosure agreements, waivers, privacy policies, cookie policies and consent documentation, policies and procedures, data processing agreements, framework agreements, terms of service and statement of works to identify and manage business and client risks.
- Collaborating with others in the legal team as well as colleagues in the Sales and Operations teams to provide a seamless client experience.
- Maintaining the company knowledge bank on assigned subject matters e.g., marketing of Alcohol, or ASA rulings, and ultimately becoming a subject matter expert in all areas of promotional compliance.
- Supporting on review, creation & delivery of our ’signature’ promotional compliance training sessions both internally and to clients and working with the Marketing team or sales team on interesting legal content.
- Actioning and maintaining own timesheets and various trackers and reporting documents, as well as project related administration to a high standard and within business requirements.
- And doing all of the above in a commercially aware manner: delivering high quality work and advice on time and within budget.
- A legal degree (achieving 2.1 or higher).
- Relevant work experience where you have developed transferrable knowledge would be an advantage.
- Proficient Microsoft Office user (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) with good keyboard skills.
- Strong knowledge of how to use different social media platforms.
- Ability to multi-task – you are likely to working on 15+ projects concurrently.
Key & Beneficial Skills:
- The ability to work well within a team, but independently and reliably on multiple projects, sometimes under tight timeframes in a fast-paced, pressurized environment.
- Keen interest in promotional marketing or a background in promotional compliance would be beneficial.
- Knowledge and understanding of the various Advertising Codes, particularly the CAP Code, would be beneficial but training will be provided.
- Knowledge of data protection regulations and the ability to broadly apply these to all client projects and business setting would be beneficial but training will be provided.
- Capacity to grow in confidence, be an effective communicator & team player while remaining calm in a fast-paced environment.
- Highest attention to detail, the ability to investigate, stay positive, find solutions to client issues and work at pace.
- The ability to thrive and excel performing non-routine work; quickly identifying and applying logic to new information.
- The ability to multi-task and manage competing requirements concurrently whilst achieving deadlines, because priorities can shift very quickly. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- A team player that is professional but also friendly and communicative.
- 23 days a year plus Bank holidays (increasing to 27 days after four years of service)
- Bi-annual Company Bonus scheme, dependent on Company Performance.
- Regular company social events.
If you meet the requirements for the role and are looking to join an innovative and rapidly growing business, then please apply now by submitting a CV and cover letter stating why you are suitable for the role!
Please note that:
- This role does NOT count as qualifying Legal work experience and cannot count towards your SQE.
- Only candidates currently residing in the UK with the right to work will be considered.
- Due to expected high volume of interest, we will only be contacting successful candidates.
- We are currently working part-home (2 days) and part-office (3 days) but this is a temporary measure and subject to change at short notice.
- Those who are available immediately or have a short notice period are encouraged to apply as we’d like to fill this role as soon as possible.