Salary: £24,500 negotiable depending on relevant experience
Hours: 9.00am – 5.30pm Monday – Friday
Holiday: Starts at 23 days a year plus Bank holidays
Reporting to: Head of Legal
About the Company
PromoVeritas are the promotional compliance specialists – we use our care, knowledge, expertise and passion for detail to ensure that all types of prize promotions via whatever medium are shaped and delivered fairly, securely and in compliance with the law and general best practice. In this way we protect both the interests of the brand, their creative agencies and also the consumer, who with increased confidence about the fair operation of the promotion, would be more likely to participate.
So, on a day-to-day basis we are busy advising and influencing the development of on pack offers, drafting Terms & Conditions, checking adverts, judging competitions, running prize draws, implementing ‘Willy Wonka’ style instant wins and overseeing voting for major TV shows. Our client base includes Pepsi, Walkers, ASOS, Barclays, TKMaxx, Pringles, Kellogg’s and over 200 more with a large part of work coming from projects that are run in over 80 overseas.
Established in 2002, the company employs over 35 people and is based, a 1-minute walk from the Tube station in leafy Pinner, North London, about 25 minutes from Baker Street on the Metropolitan line.
At our core is the Legal Team consisting of two experienced fully qualified lawyers, a compliance manager and we are now seeking a talented and curious individual to join the team and provide a responsive and crucial function in the compliant implementation of legal services for UK promotions. with significant exposure to innovative campaigns and major clients. Your work will be printed on 5 million cereal boxes or 25 million soft drink cans!
- Handling of client briefs for legal services, qualifying information / highlighting any gaps in information, and considering any compliance issues before proceeding.
- Drafting or reviewing on pack or web promotional Terms & Conditions and marcomms for UK, promotions, tailoring them to the requirements of the promotional mechanic, the country and the client.
- Supporting the International element of the Legal Team in the conduct of Legal Reviews for the running of promotional campaigns in overseas country – using our own extensive knowledge and our global network of legal experts.
- Being commercially aware and delivering work on time and within budget.
- Multi-tasking – likely working on an excess of 10 projects concurrently.
- Collaborating with others in the legal team as well as colleagues in the Sales and Operations teams to provide a seamless client experience.
- Maintaining the company knowledge bank on assigned subject matters e.g., marketing of Alcohol, or ASA rulings, and ultimately becoming a subject matter expert in all areas of promotional compliance.
- Actioning and maintaining own timesheets and various trackers and reporting documents, as well as project related administration to a high standard and within business requirements.
- A degree (achieving 2.1 or higher)
- Relevant work experience where you have developed transferrable knowledge would be an advantage
- Proficient Microsoft Office user (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) with good keyboard skills
- Strong knowledge of how to use different social media platforms
Key & Beneficial Skills:
- Keen interest in promotional marketing or a background in promotional compliance would be beneficial.
- Knowledge of data protection regulations and the ability to broadly apply these to all client projects and business setting would be beneficial.
- Capacity to grow in confidence, gravitas, be an effective communicator & team player while remaining calm in a fast-paced environment.
- Highest attention to detail, the ability to investigate and quickly find answers and able to work at pace.
- The ability to thrive and excel performing non-routine work; quickly identifying and applying logic to new information.
- The ability to multi-task and manage competing requirements concurrently whilst achieving deadlines, because priorities can shift very quickly.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- A team player that is professional but also friendly and communicative.
- Being accustomed to working in a business environment and with other teams within the business.
- Personal characteristics to include: strong common sense, curiosity, bravery, ability to absorb diverse information, client facing, team player.
- 23 days a year plus Bank holidays (increasing to 27 days with 4 years service)
- Bonus day off for your birthday (after completion of probationary service)
- Generous bi-annual Company Bonus scheme, dependent on Company Performance with typical payouts of 10% of salary
- Private Health Scheme (contributory)
- Regular company social events