10 Facts Running Promotions in the Italy
The running of ‘Promotions’ are taking off across the world not just in the UK. Brands and agencies are running more global prize draws, competitions and instant wins than ever before. We have looked at how to run promotions in Italy but it is important to be aware that they can be costly and you must follow all legal requirements of which can be very complicated.
Here are some of the key rules to consider when running promotions in Italy:
- Italy cannot be included in a multi-country promotion.
- The authorities must be notified at least 15 days in advance of a promotion going live or before you start marketing the promotion whichever comes first.
- If a promotion is to run in Italy, the winner must be an Italian resident. Exceptions may apply.
- All data collected from consumers must be hosted on an Italian server
- Any Prizes that have not been won (or claimed) must be donated to charity – the designated charity has to be stated in the terms and conditions. Additionally, no cash or cash equivalent or vouchers can be given as prizes.
- All winners must be selected in the presence of a Notary or a Public Official.
- The promoter must pay tax on the value of the prize/s at 45%.
- There are very high registration costs for a running a promotion.
- A simple gift with purchase promotion is ok to run but rules do apply.
- Terms and conditions must be provided to participants in Italian and contain all the information required by the Decree of the president of the republic.
Because of these complexities, there are significantly fewer promotions run in Italy than in the UK. Our team are experienced at running promotions aimed at the Italian market and can effortlessly take care of all the details and paperwork needed. To discuss how we can help you to run a promotion in Italy or anywhere else in the world, please contact Gemma Cutting on email email@example.com or call 0203 325 6001